Wednesday, May 03, 2006

last day

Hello all, or, the one or two of you that may be reading. What's the title about? Well, today is, according to my lovely sister, the last day of my twenties. How nice of her to point that out.
I have mixed feelings about this transition. I enjoyed my twenties. I learned a lot, loved a lot, hurt a lot, and blah blah blah'd a lot. All in all, my twenties were a pretty nice experience, which is why I feel bad leaving them behind.
But, on the other hand, I think it's time to move on. And, what better kick in the butt to get me there than Father Time? Mother Nature and Father Time. What a couple. Evil.
But, I digress.
I'm trying to embrace this as gracefully as I know how. I never thought I would be one of those that would dread the big 3-0, but I am. And it could just be me overthinking things. Me? I know. I wouldn't believe it either.
Anyhow, it's only a number, right? Yeah. Right. And a thousand obnoxious comments from my family, friends, coworkers, etc. Even from my mother, which I didn't expect. But it's ok. I'm gonna be ok. *sniff*
Well, there's a lot going on in my head about this jump from one cliff to another, but I have somewhat of a headache, so you'll have to do the psychic thing.
On a happier note, I discovered an awesome band today called The Ruse. I am a subscriber to Freshtracksmusic.com, where you pay $5 a month, and you have access to download legally unlimited songs from a bunch of independent and up-and-coming artists. It's fantastic. I've been a member for about three years now, and they've come a long way and obtained a lot more bands/musicians.
So, yeah, The Ruse. They're going to be in Springfield, MO on Monday night at 8:30. I'm not sure if I'm going to make it since it's an hour and a half away, and I have to work that day. I know, I'm turning 30, not 70. If I had a concert buddy whom I can drag along with me, I would go in a heartbeat. Don't get me wrong--I love doing things on my own, but those things are outdoorsy, exploring type things. I'm not crazy about going to shows and social event thingamabobbers alone.
Well, you should check out their music. They're on the Almighty MySpace too. Who isn't?
OK, I'm going to stop farting around and go back to working on some digital art that I will try to post here when I get done.
So, until next time, enjoy The Ruse, wish me luck, and don't eat any worms. (got that one from my roomie/coworker; must be a Midwest thing)

http://www.rusemusic.com/

http://www.myspace.com/rusemusic

No comments: