Friday, July 20, 2007

Disappointed...

Hey, I know it's been a while. Again. It seems I write here only when I have something monumental (in my mind, anyway) to share.
Well, today I took my second to last exam in U.S. Politics, and I got a B-. Now, for that class, I'm betting that's good. But if I don't ace the next exam, I will get a B in the class overall. And, consequently, marr my 4.0. Remind me NOT to take such an involved class in the summer.

I don't know if it's just me, but I just do not remember some of the question he asks on these tests. I write down pretty much everything the man says, but still, there are things of which I have no recollection.

So, on this test, I missed 13 out of 60, resulting in a B-. That brought my grade so far to about 87%. I'm wondering if there's anything I can do to bring that up to an A if I don't do well again on my next exam, which is the final one next Friday. We'll see.

And it's not even the B that bugs me so much. It's the fact that I worked really hard and still couldn't achieve the A. Maybe it's a lesson in humility and learning that I can't succeed at everything.

I'm welcoming the break after next week, though. I'll have about two or three weeks before the fall semester starts. I'm also welcoming the return to some sense of normalcy in the fact that my classes will be twice a week rather than everyday. This everyday for two hours in the morning has been intense, especially with all of the information he feels the need to cram in. It's insanity, if you ask me. You have to LOVE politics to absorb everything in the lectures.

Ah well, other than that, things are going well. I must stay positive, according to my friend, jb. I'm so thankful for her every single day. She reminds me, even when it's the last thing I want to hear, that positive thinking brings about positive things. These days I don't have much faith in that fact, but I'm hoping her reiterations will make it stick in my brain.

So, that's about it. Stressing over my potentially marred 4.0 and such.

I say this everytime, but I'll try to update this a bit more than every six months. Even if it's only for my own sanity.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cannot read a single word of this post! It's the combination of colors--such a dark background and then the color of your words--lighten up, lady!! ;)

Kris H. said...

so there. you poop.

Anonymous said...

THANK you!

(....goes off into the night, endleschly grousching......)

Love you, twin!